Our home care assessment gives you time to sit down with a professional Care Manager in your home to gain a better understanding of how our caregivers may assist you. We take this opportunity to learn more about you and what you are looking for in a home care provider.
There are six main functions to an assessment:
- A Comprehensive Needs Assessment. Activities of daily living, cognitive function, and mobility that fit among our list of home care services includes most of the needs we come across.
- Preferences and daily routines. We help create or uphold daily routines by customizing our services to each individual.
- Health and medication. We assist with doctors visits and help with medication reminders. Our caregivers have knowledge, skills and experiences that cover a variety of health conditions common in older adults.
- Home safety inspection. A home safety assessment is designed to enable seniors to live independently and enjoy their accustomed quality of life without danger of hospitalization.
- Cost of home care. We can help you navigate your insurance company more effectively and prepare you with the information you need about our services. You will have guidance in asking effective questions of your insurer. We also explain in detail in costs associated with in-home care.
- Initial Customized Care plan. The Care Plan is the fun part that breaks down the activities you would expect our caregivers to provide and help facilitate.
How to Start Home Care
The needs assessment reviews activities of daily living, cognitive function, mobility and risks. By assessing each individual’s unique needs, preferences and routines, we can identify which caregiver would provide the best fit. Our caregivers’ skills and experiences will meet or exceed what is required in the Care Plan. At Extended Family Home Care, we go beyond the call of duty to provide the best care experience in Denver.